Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Meridian



Dear Meridian,

Tonight as I tucked you into bed with tears in my eyes I told you that in the morning you would be two and no longer one. Your response: "Noooo" with a cute little grin on your lips. Typical Meridian. As I write this in the early hour of your birthday, I keep reflecting back to that day and how quickly it has gone by since then. Last year you were one, now you are two, and you just keep growing and growing. It is hard for me to imagine that you are on your way to three now, as you still seem like my baby to me.



Your daddy and I tease that we should have known what you would have been like based off of your birth. You were fast, relatively painless, and you decided to be a stinker and turn sunny side up just as you were coming out! You are smack dab in the middle of the girls. The second child. Being second doesn't mean you are less loved or wanted. Instead it means that you have more love. For you had not only your daddy and mommy here to love you, but also your big sister. 



At two you can sing your abc's, count to 15 in both Spanish and English, know most of your colors in both Spanish and English, and you are working on shapes. You like to do "school" with Zoelle and your favorite color is purple. Your language exploded somewhere in between 18 months and 2, and now you are speaking in full sentences. My favorite: "Mama, I love you". I love you too Meridian!

Mer Mer there are so many things I could say about you in this letter. It is just hard to put all of you into a short letter. You have a spunk and zest for life that I have never seen before in other children. The best word to describe you is mischievious! If I'm not careful to watch you, I know you are into a mess. You aren't naughty, you just have a curiosity about life around you. Never really knowing if you should follow Zoelle, or play with Xiomara. Both a great little sister and big sister. You toddle along with your one arm swinging and curly mop of hair making all of us laugh daily because you are here.



What a precious treasure you are to me sweetie. I have a feeling God is going to use that sweet spirit and your fun personality to draw others into Him one day! Oh how excited I am to see all that God has in store for you. For now I can wait, as I want to keep you little forever.



Happy 2nd Birthday Meridian Piper!! I love you!!

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love Meridian, and I am SO thankful for your life!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Genevieve! :) I'm sure if she understood a bit more what her birthday was all about, she would be thrilled with your words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Meridian!

    My little one doesn't quite know how to sing her ABCs yet. She does "sing along," but not necessarily with the right letters/words. :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stephanie! :) I'm amazed that she does sing the right letters! She doesn't always 100% get it right, but most of the time she does!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share any jewels or treasures in your comments to me. :)