Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Doin' A Little Shoppin'

For a new computer that is. Mine is ancient in "electronic years" so to speak. We got it *I think* our second year of marriage, so it is six years old. I love it, but it is super slow and locks up way too often (like it just did as I was trying to write that last sentence). It has become highly frustrating. I told Chris, my computer time would probably be cut in half with the use of a new computer. So, we saved some money and I have started shopping!

At first, I was looking at getting this beauty:



It's the HP Touchsmart All-in-One computer/TV. Since we just have a little TV, I thought it would be great. However, we have since decided that we would like to turn our office back into a bedroom, and we thought that a laptop might suit my needs better. I can take it with me wherever I go, and do some blogging in bed at night while Chris reads.

Ideally, I'd love to get this one:





It's the HP Touchsmart Laptop. Can you tell I have a slight obsession with the Touchsmart? I love it, but there is no way that we can afford that right now.

Since I am pretty much completely technologically illiterate I thought I would ask my blog readers and friends their thoughts on the best laptop for the money. We were hoping to spend somewhere around $500. The only requirement I have is that it has enough room to store our pictures on it (lots and lots of them) and enough room to handle Adobe Photoshop (since one day I plan on buying that too).

So help me out! Which computer is the best?

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered a MacBook? They're going for about $1,000. http://www.apple.com/macbook/

    I have one and absolutely love it.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! Macs scare me! Hehe! I haven't used one since I worked at school as a teacher. But I know most people love them. I'll definitely keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share any jewels or treasures in your comments to me. :)